|Job Type:||Full Time|
Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
Based at our head office in Brisbane, as the Principal Mine Planning Engineer - Autonomy, reporting into our global technical services department, your primary focus will be to provide mine planning solutions for our autonomous fleet. Other key requirements of this role will see you:
- Use your experience working with autonomous solutions to support and lead the mine planning and engineering work associated with Thiess autonomy studies
- Support the implementation of autonomous solutions
- Participate in the development and optimisation of mine design, scheduling and haulage for tenders and other business opportunities
- Use your experience in autonomy to investigate and innovate more efficient ways of mine design to support autonomous solutions
- Provide expert input into the global Mine Planning Community of Practices, promoting knowledge share and networking across the business
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring support to the broader group of Thiess Mining Engineers
- Assess the technical risk in mine plans and develop mitigation strategies
- Participate in the development of standardised systems and processes for mine planning
- Identify project risks from a technical, HSE and cost perspective during the mine planning phase to ensure the identification of potential impacts on the project are documented and communicated
Please note that regular travel across our national and international operations is a requirement of this role.
This role will suit a motivated mining engineering professional with excellent behavioural, time management, analytical and communication skills. You will have adept influencing and collaborative leadership skills with:
- Operational and mine planning experience in the field of autonomy
- A demonstrated commitment to the Thiess principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, all unpinned by Safety
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining, Civil Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years of site experience in operational mining engineering, preferably in open-cut mining
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead small projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop accurate designs and long term mine plans; including use of geological models, reserve creation, scheduling, haulage/dump modelling and generation of reports
- Preparation of documentation detailing mine plan assumptions and logic
- Practical experience in risk management in mine design
- A high level of proficiency in MS Office, Vulcan, SPRY and/or Deswik Software preferred
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities in which we live and work.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please follow the below link.