|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who You’ll Work With
As a member of our Cloud Operations Team, you will be responsible for deploying and supporting the 4G/5G mobility network for Rakuten in Japan. Site Reliability Engineer best practices will be the foundation of this team’s efforts and collaboration to reduce toil and drive innovation to our customer.
The team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid solutions dedicated to the Rakuten Mobility Network in a green field environment. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions within the Rakuten Mobility Network based in Japan, along with collaborating with Cisco internal TAC and Product engineers to resolve issues.
What You’ll Do
All Cisco Cloud Operations team members are encouraged to contribute in the following areas:
- Help to define and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
- Establish team processes and procedures
- Identify and enforce to cost reduction measures through continuous improvement and innovation
- Collaborate with peers and multi-functional teams
- Maintaining knowledge required to perform role effectively
- Participate in regular synch ups
- Actively share / develop innovation and automations for continued improvement
Specific to the role of Incident Manager, responsibilities may include:
- Provide management coverage and guidance on all P1, P2, and other high visibility incidents:
- Notify the management team through an e-page or appropriate mailer with the incident number and bridge information within mutually agreed service level objectives
- Provide internal and external executive level updates to all partners
- Ensure incident team has an active voice and is driving the troubleshooting
- Assign tasks and track follow-up actions
- Engage additional resources as needed
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams (AS, TAC, etc) to ensure unified messaging to customer
- Assist with the development and delivery of RCA through collaboration with multi-functional teams when necessary
- Actively identify and collaborate on issues that need to be escalated to Problem Management
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other Incident Managers
- Act as queue manager to ensure incidents have an owner as needed
- Assist Operation Managers with daily management tasks
- Review operational metrics and drive team performance
- Refine/Improve Incident processes to drive team towards SLO goals and to ensure repeatable customer experience
- Participate in incident ticket reviews to provide ongoing feedback to the Incident Team
- Mentor and coach Incident Team
- Support and backup other Incident Managers
- Maintain productive customer relationships
- Assist with new customer onboarding to establish process
- Participate in the development and delivery of regular service reviews
- Serve as an issue point for both technical and political customer issues
Who You Are
You are a self-starter who requires little oversight to achieve your goals and meet your objectives. You work well with others and are truly a teammate. Customer satisfaction is in your DNA. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are able to see the big picture even when analyzing multiple complex factors under pressure. You have a technical background and understand the fundamentals of troubleshooting.
- AA/BA in a technical discipline plus 5-10 years of experience in a Network Operations Center or Technical Assistance Center
- 2-5 years’ experience in a team leadership role while acting as a liaison with external/internal customers
- Foundational knowledge on routing and switching protocols
- Foundational knowledge on Cisco Data Center Compute platforms like UCS Blade & Rack Servers
- Foundational knowledge on Cisco Data Center platforms including Cisco Nexus (including ACI mode and supporting APIC), Catalyst switches, ASR routers
- Foundational knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing (i.e. Openstack, VMWare and AWS), Virtualization, and Storage
- Foundational knowledge of Orchestration tools including Networking Services Orchestration (NSO) and Elastic Services Controller (ESC)
- Broad understanding and/or experience with L2-L3 networking, data center, and security technology, sufficient enough to understand customer solutions, topologies, and interactions with higher networking layers.
- Ability to solve network issues and isolate problems
- Deep understanding of Incident & Change Management process
- Great teammate with good communication skills in both written and spoken format
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to handle potentially high stress outages while being a focal point for both Cisco and non-Cisco resources for resolving problems as a single team.
- Ability to prioritize feature work while handling customer commitments.
- Strong written/verbal communications' skillset.
- Good social and collaboration skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Network Automation/Orchestration skillsets in frameworks and toolsets, including Cisco Network Service Orchestrator (NSO) or Tail-f NCS or ESC.
- Network Programmability skillsets in Software Defined Networking (SDN), REST APIs, NETCONF, YANG, JSON, and XML.
- Programming experience in Python
- Administration skillset with Openstack
- Experience with docker and other container management
- Extensive hands on experience with Linux operating system and scripting
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.