|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Flexibility is key
- Collaborative & challenging fast paced culture
- We embrace diversity & inclusion at our core
You are an experienced and motivated banking and finance lawyer who wants to make a valuable contribution to our progressive legal team.
Your broad knowledge of different areas of the law will help you work through a variety of matters from simple to complex. In addition, your working knowledge of the ongoing changes in banking and financial services regulation will enable you to advise on emerging legal issues.
You have a strong customer focus and understand the importance of speed to market while managing risk within appetite.
What you will be doing:
In this challenging role you will provide timely and concise legal advice to NAB’s Business & Private Bank on a broad range of legal issues, predominantly relating to business lending transactions. You will also have the opportunity to provide legal support for projects and other initiatives within B&PB.
You will play an important role supporting our Legal Assist Associates and paralegals who provide advice to bankers and other stakeholders. Specifically you will:
- Provide expert legal advice and deal structuring advice
- Prepare loan documentation and associated documentation
- Review deal related documentation
- Procure external legal support and assist bankers and Credit with understanding issues raised by externals without duplicating the externals role
- Assist operational risk with policy and process amendments
What you will bring:
You have excellent stakeholder management expertise and the ability to build credibility with business partners, underpinned by first class communication and influencing skills. A highly motivated individual who strives to consistently provide high quality, commercially relevant, cost effective legal services, you also have:
- 7+ years PQE with solid experience in banking and finance from private practice or an in-house financial services legal team (expertise in property law and financial services regulation will be highly regarded)
- A Bachelor of Laws or equivalent degree and a current Australian Practising Certificate
- A pro-active, agile mindset and strong problem solving and influencing skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders of all levels
- Excellent communication, negotiation and drafting skills
- A strong customer focus and the ability to manage multiple work priorities
- The ability and confidence to work independently and as a team
- The capability to mentor and support junior lawyers and paralegals in the team
Your new team
You will be part of the Business & Private Bank legal team. In this role you will work closely with your local and interstate colleagues to ensure our stakeholders receive the legal support they need.
You will be able to draw on the vast knowledge within the team to deliver the right outcomes for NAB and our customers.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.