|Job Type:||Full Time|
We currently have a career opportunity for a National Risk & Assurance Manager - EQ&S based at our corporate headquarters in Rhodes.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager Environment, Quality and Safety, this critical business role will ensure a consistent and standardized approach to EQ&S Risk management across SUEZ ANZ with a focus on major and severe risk reduction. The position will provide visibility of the audit and assurance process and be instrumental in applying learnings across the business.
Key role responsibilities include:
- Assess current risks and identify potential risks across SUEZ ANZ
- Evaluate the implementation of controls to ensure operating efficiently and recommend improvements for further risk mitigation
- Provide leadership that supports the EQS risk function
- Communicate risk policies and processes to various audiences across the business
- Provide research and analytical support
- Analyze major and severe events, identify trends and coordinate the implementation of standard controls nationally
- Follow up on agreed corrective and preventative actions across all sites (including compliance, standardization, verification and governance)
- Review of ICAM investigations and coaching of lead investigators
- Development of lessons learnt and alerts for national distribution
- Training of key managers in risk mitigation processes and strategies
- Conduct audits and manage the EQS audit process to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Working with our new integrated management system with a focus on improved risk management and investigation tools
- Contribute to strategy and planning activities.
- Perform other EQS related tasks in supporting the National EQS Team
- Continuous improvement of risk management at system level
Our ideal candidate is tertiary qualified with at least 5 + years’ experience gained in risk management, including specific experience in the in the development and implementation of Risk and Safety policies, systems, procedures and strategies. You are familiar with all Environment Health & Safety policies, procedures and standard operating procedures and can demonstrate a proactive role in supporting the development of safe work practices. You are comfortable running investigations, understand frameworks in relation to WHSE Management, and have an excellent grasp of risk management, reporting and monitoring.
Your ability to persuade, convince, negotiate and develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders is critical, together with exceptional presentation, research and analytical skills.
The position will require some national travel and a valid drivers licence is essential.