|Job Type:||Full Time|
- An excellent opportunity to progress your career within BOQ
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Reporting directly into the General Manager – Property and Procurement, you will provide high level support to enable key business objectives
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where we are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
About the role:
Reporting to the General Manager, Property and Procurement, the Business Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and direction across key areas of the Property and Procurement team. With a specific focus on ensuring the division executes on the agreed strategy, this will be managed by focusing on the establishment, performance and optimisation of the day-to-day operations while keeping the General Manager abreast of challenges and opportunities.
You will also be responsible for the collation and distribution of action plans and minutes from leadership meetings and providing regular updates on the status of agreed to action plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality support to the GM to enable the achievement of key business objectives by optimising the operating rhythm and proactively undertaking trouble shooting on the GMs behalf
- Optimise the GM’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, drafting emails and documents, collecting and analysing information
- Work alongside group communications to develop and deliver a communications program, including the management of the level, frequency and content of communications to the consumer business from within and outside the consumer business
- Collate available reporting and provide a monthly summary packs for communication
- Work with other leaders to develop key planning collateral, including linking Property & Procurement planning into the Retail distribution plans and EPMO pathways.
On top of this, you will represent the General Manager by attending meetings as the Property and Procurement Representative as required.
As a commercially astute professional, you are differentiated from your peers due to your highly developed analytical and problem solving skills. You will demonstrate strong experience in stakeholder management and maintain outstanding communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Further, you will demonstrate a measured approach to resolving matters with a high level of attention to detail and possess a solution focused approach.
Critical to the success of this role will be your innate ability to effectively liaise with key stakeholders to influence and build credibility across the Leadership Team and the broader business.
About our Benefits:
- Discounted financial products
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Salary sacrificing options
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - MyCoach for Individuals and People Leaders
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links to our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.