|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Business Manager- Platforms
- We seek a highly accomplished Senior Business Manager who has a broad background in financial services and wealth management
- Do you have prior experience coordinating and supporting strategic projects, finance or people management with significant experience engaging with senior stakeholders?
- If this sounds like you we have a great career opportunity based at our MLC offices in Melbourne CBD
At MLC we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
If you're ready for the next step, the opportunity starts right here.
About the Role :
This role will support the Group Executive, Platforms in executing their responsibilities as an Executive Leadership Team Member. You will provide advisory and consultative services to the Group Executive and their team for the development of objectives, strategies and plans aimed at achieving customer satisfaction and the efficient use of the organizations’ resource. You will also oversee people and financial governance for the function.
The role is responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with the Group Executive to set the strategic direction of the function in accordance with MLC’s strategic intent and operating model.
- Responsible for cost and resource management for the function including identifying opportunities for efficiencies
- Lead the management of an effective operating rhythm for the Leadership team, including preparation of meeting material, and the facilitation and resolution of action items pre- and post- meetings
- Preparation of reports, papers, presentation and general research for the Leadership Team, the Group Executive, and for relevant management meetings, Committees and Wealth Entity Boards as required, as well as active participation in associated forums and Committees.
- Take ownership of key initiatives coming through to the Group Executive and coordinate data/responses with relevant teams and individuals to achieve successful execution
- Independently handle confidential correspondence and queries at senior levels
- Undertake detailed quantitative and qualitative research on business performance, risks and issues and future strategic focus areas, coordinating input from key business areas and leaders as required
- Provide support to Group Executive and Leadership team in monitoring, tracking and assessing company performance against key indicators; making recommendations for improvement and presenting findings to CEO and Management team
- Assist in coordination and content for special events
- Constructively collaborate with Executive Manager, CEO and Business Manager peers across Wealth
As a Senior Business Manager you will have a deep understanding of the Wealth Management landscape, trends and drivers. You will be competent in your knowledge of Governance and Risk Management principles and adept to applying them within a wealth management business. Highly developed communication skills are a must as this position will be working closing with senior stakeholders, boards, trustees and regulators on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience working in a similar role and will be educated to degree standard or higher preferably in a commerce/law or finance.
If you have the skills and drive that we are looking for, we would love to hear from you
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.