|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
The Capital Analyst works within the Strategy Business Architecture team. The Business Architecture team provides governance and support in executing the Strategic initiatives to several portfolios within OB, including; Transformation, Product Development & Management, IT Systems Development and Business Optimisation
- Organise the system creation and maintenance of programs within the portfolio and manage compliance of program teams, business owners and sponsors to the process and relevant policies. Ensure business owners and sponsors have approved and supported the program.
- Assess Funds Requests against FY Plans to identify impacts, risks and ensure governance controls are in place and enforced.
- Ensure business benefits of program are clearly articulated and captured.
- Carry out analysis, prioritisation, reporting and cost management activities across the Portfolio in line with monthly and quarterly deliverables
- Stakeholder Reporting and management.
- Co-ordinate and complete AOP Activities to develop the new FY OB Product and IT Capital Plan and the Opex and COS budgets for OB IT.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Project Managers to ensure activities are carried out in accordance with process and policy, facilitating remedial actions if needed.
- Certificate Level 4 or higher in Project Management or Business Administration OR Accounting diploma or degree
- Experience working within a Portfolio, Program or Project Management function in the Government or Enterprise sector.
- Demonstrated financial and commercial analysis competency in managing budgets, actual spend and forecasts
- Experience interpreting and applying Capital Policy to project business case funding requests.
- Experience in tracking, measuring and monitoring business benefits realised from projects.
- Commercial acumen
- Familiarity with a broad range of program delivery tools and methodologies.
- Sound workshop and facilitation skills.
- Sound Knowledge of project management methodologies and governance
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical & problem analysis and solving skills
- Sound risk assessment and management skills
- Sound negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise own and team activities to achieve specific objectives.
- Able to develop and manage reports within Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
- High degree of personal drive and commitment. Energetic and enthusiastic
- Observant and attentive to details
- Initiative. ‘Make it happen’ attitude
- Outcome/Delivery focused
- Ability to communicate ideas and outcomes at all levels
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and child care services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it's like working with Optus.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!