|Job Type:||Full Time|
Based in Deer Park and reporting to the Project Manager - Asphalt, we are looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for monitoring, developing and optimising the technical performance of Boral Asphalt products for the benefit of both customer and company.
- Is knowledgeable in the management of laboratories and in particular the requirements of the NATA registration system such all laboratories maintain accreditation
- Has the capability to self-audit against a known standard and be able to implement strategies to improve and comply with the relevant standard
- Has knowledge of the technical aspects of asphalt, relevant specifications and can interrupt results to the extent that mix design changes can be made judiciously
- Is able to communicate, mentor and train employees to ensure a good level of technical knowledge and understanding exists in the business
- Identify industry best practice for operations and convey to the management team, any issues concerning or enhancing business development and innovation possibilities
- Participate in industry technical initiatives and programs
- Managing the development Victorian Asphalt technical department and its personnel, enabling mentoring and career advancement
- Experience regarding NATA would be an advantage. NATA Signatory
- Appropriate Cert IV or Diploma in Laboratory Operations
- Minimum 5 years Asphalt Production/Technical experience desirable
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work in a team environment
- Organisation dedicated to the safety
Boral is an international building product and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral had approximately 16,500 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries as at 30 June 2017.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.