|Job Type:||Full Time|
Site Reliability Engineer
This position requires permission to work full-time in Australia.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
But none of this would be possible without our people. We have Site Reliability Engineer positions available in our Sydney office for those who want to grow with us. Let's get straight to the point.
- know Linux in various levels of diagnostics and troubleshooting?
- write code to automate repetitive tasks every time you have to do manual work?
- accumulate years of experience in roles like systems or networking engineering?
- smile when you solve an issue in London from your laptop in Sydney?
Answer 'yes' to these questions and we would like to hear from you. Go ahead, hit the Apply button and let's have a chat about your skills and experiences.
Want to know more about us?
Now that we have set the pace, keep reading if you want to understand more about ServiceNow as a company and the SRE role. We hope it will be helpful.
Let’s start with the role
As an Engineer in the SRE team you will:
- Provide relief and sustainable resolution to issues within our infrastructure.
- Use your experience in software development, systems engineering and networking to proactively prevent repeatable issues.
- Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design.
- Drive a culture of intolerance to manual activity which results in a highly automated environment delivering scalable solutions.
This is what we require. Take note because they are a must-have:
- Knowledge of Linux systems.
- Networking skills, IP addressing, routing protocols.
- Monitoring of large and scalable systems, applications and networks.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Ability to work in shifts that cover one weekend day.
We also have pluses!
These are not a 'must', but please highlight them on your resume if you have experience in: cloud architecture, database administration, load balancing or web applications engineering. A master's degree on a tech area is also welcome.
Now a bit about the SRE team
The SRE team is a group of highly technical engineers who are tasked with maintaining and developing the reliability, scalability and performance of the ServiceNow infrastructure. The SRE is empowered to drive technical resolutions across the technology stack from hardware through to application and all stops in between. They are also tasked with driving forward the operability of the platform to drive down the number of incidents and to reduce MTTR.
To accomplish this the team combines software development, networking and systems engineering expertise with a strong desire to be challenged by problems of scale and complexity and to make services better for our customers.
And finally ServiceNow as a company
You already know that ServiceNow is changing the way people work. Due to the success of our products we are experiencing growth in virtually all areas of our organisation.
To sustain our growth, we are looking for drivers - people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.