|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a Manager in the Marketplace Health team you will use data to solve business problems. In over 50 cities across Australia and New Zealand millions of riders are interacting with tens of thousands of drivers. Uber has a sophisticated app and highly effective technology yet the opportunity for improvement is almost endless. You will improve the efficiency of these interactions between riders and drivers by solving the most critical issues of our marketplace, all relating to the balance of supply and demand.
You will analyse complex issues, develop practical solutions, communicate your insights to our business leaders, partner with multiple business and technical stakeholders, and deliver changes for immediate business impact. You will have end-to-end responsibility for the design, execution and management of your projects. Your work will have real-world impact, instantly changing the way that people get around cities.
What You’ll Do:
- Frame and structure conceptual approaches to our business problems
- Use data and analysis to solve these business problems
- Communicate your insights, verbally and in written form
- Design and execute projects that will see the end-to-end delivery of your solutions
- Partner with local and international business and technical stakeholders for project delivery
- Contribute to the development and execution of the Marketplace strategy for ANZ
What You’ll Need:
- Solutions mindset: you are naturally curious and are motivated by solving problems, however complicated or ambiguous they may be
- Analytical skills: you can develop actionable insights from complex data. You have experience with data analysis, data manipulation, and data visualisation tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, Tableau)
- Collaboration: you work well with other people and can handle engagement with multiple stakeholders from different teams, locally and internationally
- Initiative and ownership: you manage and deliver end-to-end projects with autonomy
- Communication skills: you can communicate complicated insights and arguments both verbally and in writing
- University degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Economics, Statistics, Finance, Business/Commerce, Social Science, IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience applying analysis to solve business problems (for example, in consulting, investment banking)
About the Team
Connecting Driver Partners with Riders across over 50 cities in ANZ every week with an average pickup time under 4 minutes is complex. The Marketplace team is focused on efficiently balancing supply and demand to ensure the experience for Riders and Driver Partners is magical! The team is responsible for pricing, promotional spend, marketplace efficiency, and improving product experience, operational efficiency, and fraud across the ANZ markets.