|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for crafting products and insights with data? Do you love finding the next big ‘aha’ insight which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the HQ of the world's hottest SaaS company?
Atlassian is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Product Analytics team in Sydney, Australia. We’re seeking someone with strong business instincts, creativity, and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to drive smarter product decisions and ultimately, delight our customers.
As well as being an integral part of a product team, you’ll also be a valued member of the Analytics and Data Science team. Your peers will rely on your expertise and you will help drive initiatives that keep Atlassian at the forefront of world-class in analytics and data science.
We have a number of roles we’re hiring for at the moment, here’s a little more on the multi-discipline product organisations you would be joining:
- the Jira Shared Experience team’s mission is to craft cohesive and connected experiences in Jira that transform how technical teams (our customers) collaborate
- the ITSM team’s mission to help our customers provide world-class ITSM solutions so that they can manage the end-to-end delivery of IT services
- the Teamwork Platform team to build core Atlassian components including Editor, Notifications, and Essentials to which a common thread across our products
- the DevOps team’s mission is to help our customers adopt DevOps practices so they can build, test, and release software faster and more reliably.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work with other product leaders to identify high impact opportunities for analytics, and align analytics & data science priorities with the product roadmap and strategy
- Play with our seriously large volume of analytics data to understand insightful trends and employ this behavioural data and insights to intelligently to improve user journeys and customer value
- Drive the measurement culture and understand the impact our product strategy; including designing and analysing experiments and product launches
- Envision, scope, and execute projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data engineers and other analysts
- Share your high-quality insights and recommendations to various levels of leadership to drive critical business decisions
- Foster a world-class analytics culture, leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
On your first day, we expect you to have:
- 4+ years of experience applying your analytics skills to drive projects which have had proven impact on strategic and product roadmap decisions
- An agile development mindset, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement. A very high bar for output quality, while balancing “having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Expertise in data manipulation and statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python)
- Experience in using statistics as part of your role (e.g. regressions, A/B tests, forecasting)
- Proficiency in at least one visualisation tool (e.g. Tableau, R-Shiny, Microstrategy, SAP Business Objects)
- Strong ability to communicate. Explaining complex concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories
- Project management & prioritisation experience; preferably with Data Engineering, Product Management, Research and Engineering teams
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math or Statistics
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model and metrics
- Experience in customer analytics, particularly analytical insight into how product changes impact customer and user happiness and engagement
- Experience in building ETL pipelines using any tools or scripting languages
- Are an active member of the broader analytics and data science community
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.