|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bring engineering design, analysis, modelling and installation expertise
- Enjoy wide ranging projects within the growing “Services” team
- Kingston location, work autonomously across both office and field
Sitting within our Engineering Solutions division and reporting to the Design Manager, the Civil Structural Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of customer temporary works solutions and products usually around shoring, propping and other related products. The role is also responsible for liaising with customers and internal stakeholders, and providing them with relevant information and data around our solutions and product range. Become involved in engineering design, specification, certification, construction, inspection, maintenance & site support for a diverse range of construction projects that require temporary works solutions.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Detailed structural and geotechnical analysis using a range of engineering software packages.
- Design & specification of temporary works solutions
- Computer drafting (CAD) & report writing.
- Provide customers with technical data and information allowing appropriate hire decisions
- Responding to product related enquiries from customers and branches
- Attending site meetings to ensure appropriate installation of more complicated products and solutions
- Contributing to the growth & development of Coates Hire’s specialist engineering services
- Demonstrating a safety-first attitude.
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role, you must be degree qualified, preferably in the civil discipline, with a minimum of two (2) years of industry experience. Additionally we are looking for:
- Advanced structural steel analysis & design skills
- Appreciation of geotechnical analysis & design (focus on retaining wall design)
- Detailed knowledge of Australian Standards relating to structural and geotechnical engineering
- Demonstrated ability / experience with CAD and Finite Element Analysis software
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, including direct relations with clients & contractors on construction sites
- Detailed knowledge of civil construction technologies, techniques & methods
If you have the skills, enjoy a fast pace with daily challenges, we look forward to your application.