|Location:||North Ryde, North Sydney, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role is to assist payroll and HR department to ensure adequate procedures are in place to achieve compliance with all commonwealth and state legislations, industry awards and applicable enterprise bargaining agreements.
This role is required to communicate professionally and effectively with various internal and external parties, i.e. payroll teams, HR teams, internal and external auditors and representative from government agencies.
This role at times requires working independently on payroll or systems related projects within or outside of the BSC team.
You will have:
- 8+ years payroll experience in large organisation.
- Shared service centre experience.
- HR qualification (preferred but not essential)
- Quality Assurance/Compliance background (preferred but not essential)
- LEAN process improvement knowledge (preferred but not essential)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead effective meetings.
- Ability to solve technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and work prioritization skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated self-learning skills.
- Demonstrated EBA and legislation interpretation skills.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to adapt the ever-changing environment in the Business Services Centre and provide professional support to the payroll team members.
- National employment standards
- Long service leave, and portable long service leave legislations.
- Employment termination taxation
- Understanding of Australian government system and building, manufacturing and Mining industries.
- Understanding of workers’ compensation legislations preferred.
In return you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your career within Downer an ASX listed leader in delivering services across Australia ranging from trains and roads through to renewable energy and facilities management.
On offer is a competitive remuneration package, potential to earn KPI bonuses, the foundation of a career with stability and continued professional development and flexible working arrangements as we continue to expand as a business.
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to establishing and growing your career we’d love to speak to you! Hit apply now or contact Rosa Van Kuyk for more information on Rosa.VanKuyk@Downergroup.com