|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems is currently seeking a Project Administrator for an upcoming opportunity within the Commonwealth Government Defence sector based in Melbourne. Candidates must be Australian citizens and applicants residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
The Project Administrator will provide a range of project support services including administering project mail boxes, creating and managing document approval workflows, managing official correspondence between the project and other entities as well as management and administration of project SharePoint sites. This is a junior role with excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate. The project administrator will report to the program manager and will provide support across a variety of project functions.
- A Project Administrator who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Previous experience working within Defence.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Experience working in a high performing project team.
- Proficient in MS suite.
- Advanced SharePoint skills.
- Experience in using Objective.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- A self-starter with high attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management qualifications are desirable.
- Hold an Australian Government security clearance.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To apply please click “ Apply For This Job ” or contact Linda D. @ 0417 385 576 for further details.