|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
Operational risk and compliance, it's a word that is everywhere! So, due to high demand in this area, ME has an unparalleled opportunity for a Senior specialist, Operation and Risk - Projects and Change to join us. This is key role in the second line risk function focussed across our scaled agile portfolios.
You will be vital in ensuring potential risks are mitigated against in relation to enterprise wide change initiatives. Working collaboratively with the Senior managers Operational Risk and Compliance and Change leaders, you'll be supporting them through the implementation and ongoing monitoring of the requirements of ME's Risk Management Policies, framework, systems and procedures.
As a trusted advisor and internal SME, you'll consult with senior stakeholders across the bank and focus on ensuring best practice.
Your day will comprise of the following (but won't be limited to)
- Engaging with business units to actively manage and contribute to a strong Risk Management culture across the organisation;
- Being an SME in Change Risk Management policy, practices and systems from a group and BU perspective;
- Providing oversight reports, independent monitoring and advice on governance, risk and compliance management for projects and initiatives;
- Continually improving Risk Management and culture whilst reviewing and assessing change and BAU operational risk data.
As we are a new, transformative bank, we operate in an Agile way - so you'll be experienced in working in this type of environment. You'll ideally have demonstrable experience in AGILE methods and DevOps. You'll be familiar with controls frameworks incorporated within APRA Prudential Standards, as well as working knowledge of industry best practice regarding designing and operating frameworks as they relate to change delivery.
Your strong interpersonal skills will allow you to build effective relationships, negotiate and persuade and communicate effectively (in person and in writing) to people at all levels of the organisation. You'll have amazing influencing skills and be able to take your stakeholders on a journey. You'll be able to problem solve and handle complex and ambiguous information well. You'll thrive in an environment where you can delve deep into detail yet think at a high level and provide conclusions. You'll 'ride the subway' which will allow you to truly experience what your customers (our stakeholders) feel and see day to day.
We're not like other banks.
ME was created by the industry super funds to be different from the pack - and we're passionate about staying that way as we head into an exciting and progressive future.
We are building a bank, a company and a brand that we can be proud of - but to achieve that, we need the best people. To help ME get there, you'll challenge the status quo and share extraordinary ideas - and our size guarantees you'll have the opportunity, support, and environment to be heard.
ME's core purpose is helping all Australians get ahead - no conditions, asterisks or exceptions.
We believe everyone deserves the same opportunities in life, regardless of gender or identity, sexuality, ethnicity, disability or religion. This is why we're so committed to an equal opportunity workplace - because we know our success won't come from focusing on similarities, but by embracing and celebrating our diversity.
About the perks OR A bit about the perks (perks in lower case)
At ME, we believe that work should be a place that you can make the most of - and these are just some of the many reasons why people love it here:
- Popular culture - that's not a claim, we've got the data to prove it. We genuinely care about each other and work in an encouraging and collaborative environment.
- The whole package - sure, we're going to reward you well with your salary package - but there are also lots of other perks - including free health support, conveniently-located offices, plus much more.
- Not afraid to fail? We embrace action-oriented people like you. That's right, you can make mistakes here and it's ok - so long as you learn from them.
- To be ME, we need you - we're building something really cool and you get to directly influence what that is.
- ProudlyME - our internal pride network - has a swag of initiatives that show support, education, and passion toward our team and customers, demonstrating that ME is a strong advocate on equal rights for the LGBTIQ+ community.
- Meet the Execs - our Executive team is fun and full of passion because we know great managers mean happy staff.
Oh, and did we mention you get your very own ME branded Converse High-top shoes? Now that's a reason to get your foot in the door.
I want those Converse shoes (and the role)
Can't see a closing date on the advert? That's because we're pretty efficient here at ME and we may start looking at applications sooner rather than later, so if this role sounds like your jam, be sure to apply by submitting your CV today.
ME offers a modern and supportive work environment, including flexible work conditions. While this is a full time role, we're also open to hearing from candidates that may be seeking a flexible work arrangement.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including police checks, reference checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however, will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.
Please note: To be successful in this role, you must have unrestricted working rights in Australia.