|Job Type:||Full Time|
Division: CITY PLANNING DEVELOPMENT & TRANSPORT
Unit: HEALTH & BUILDING
Section: AREA - SOUTH
Salary: AUD 107,610 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Inner Sydney
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
An exciting opportunity has become available to serve the community to ensure buildings are safe and healthy by investigating and resolving building non-compliances, including unauthorised uses, unauthorised building works, swimming pool barriers, boarding houses, fire safety risks, and non-compliances with development consents.
To be successful you will have:
- appropriate tertiary qualifications in Building, Building Science, Building Surveying, Engineering, Planning, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent
- demonstrated experience in seeking regulatory compliance with a broad range of unauthorised building uses and associated activities in new and existing buildings
- well-developed understanding of essential fire safety measures within buildings
- sound understanding of building construction methods and materials suitable for residential and commercial buildings and structures
- knowledge and experience in applying the Local Government Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, other relevant Acts and legislation, Building Code of Australia, Codes and Australian Standards as they relate to building assessment, compliance and enforcement
- availability to work flexible hours including weekend, early morning, and late night shifts.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a national criminal record background check and a pre-employment medical examination.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Sunday, 23 February 2020.
For further information contact: Andrew McMillan, Area Manager-East, Health & Building on 02 9246 7816.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.