|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Auckland civil maintenance team is looking for a Structures Foreperson to join their them. You’ll be responsible for managing and supervising both our staff and subbies carrying out work on our various sites..
What’s on offer?
- Competitive, market and negotiable pay
- Training and career development
- A safe and responsible work environment
- Professional & solid team culture and environment
About the role:
Working across our Auckland network, you’ll be responsible for the management and supervision of our staff and sub-contractors carrying out work on our various sites including handrails, guardrails, bollard, retaining walls, fencing making our Auckland roads humming.
You’ll also be involved in planning, organising, directing and controlling activities and operations of all operatives and subcontractors to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of customers and all targets are met.
This is a challenging and exciting role, and your success will come from having the following:
- Experience of staff and sub-contractor management
- Practical experience in repair and build of minor structures
- Ability to work on your own and in a team
- Physically fit and enjoy working outdoors
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Valid Site Safe building passport
- Pricing and invoicing experience
It goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway, you’ll be a great communicator, have a full Class 1 & 2 licence, ideally with WTR to boot. Also because it’s 2020, you’ll need to be computer savvy and be able to keep on top of the associated paperwork.
If you feel that this is the role you have been waiting for, then apply online today by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and searching using the reference number 567446
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
This is an opportunity to work in an industry-leading organisation. Downer New Zealand is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful.