|Location:||Geraldton, Perth, Rothsay|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer EDI Mining continues to strive forward with our projects in 2019 including Karara, Cape Preston, Cloudbreak, Sunrise Dam and Gruyere. As a result of our commitment to our clients we are now seeking experienced Mining Engineer to work within the Downer team at Karara Iron Ore project in the mid west region of Western Australia.
Your areas of responsibility would include: -
- Optimisation of drill and blast design in a hard rock mining environment, including pre-splitting and wall control methods in a deep pit.
- Developing weekly mine plans in line with the client’s monthly mining schedule.
- Contributing to the optimisation of mine design and mining methods,
- Preparing continual improvement plans and monitoring KPIs set internally and by the client;
- Assist with the administration of the contract: progress claims and variation submission and compilation of day works;
- Administrate high precision GPS systems and engage in improvement projects to integrate multiple data capture systems
- Demonstrate effective leadership to support the successful implementation and maintenance of safe systems of work for the project;
- Demonstrated positive Safety Leadership skills and Safety behaviour;
- A minimum of 4 years relevant industry experience;
- Knowledge of mine planning/scheduling, design packages;
- Prior experience in drill and blast design;
- Prior experience in fleet management systems
- Demonstrated active and engaged team participation;
- Demonstrated experience in integrating operational and technical objectives in a contracting (mining) environment;
- Strong organisational, communication and planning skills.
- Experience working for a medium to large mine operator.
These permanent positions are FIFO from Perth operating a 8/6 roster. Downer promote a healthy work/life balance which includes permanent on-site living facilities along with healthy options such as a lap pool, putting greens, tennis and cricket courts.
Please contact Pauline Rumley on (08) 6212 9519 for a private and confidential discussion regarding this fantastic opportunity.