|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
With significant growth in the Rail team, the primary focus of this role is on the skills leadership and development of the team’s traction power capability.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in mechanical / electrical engineering or similar.
- Significant industry experience in delivering HV power solutions within the rail environment across a range of medium to large scale projects;
- Demonstrated significant understanding of:
o Traction power design for heavy and / or light rail
o Earthing and bonding
o Substation design
o Traction power modelling
- Experience developing successful client relationships.
- Experience leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects and developing less experienced engineers.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies (including Chartered Status from the Institution of Engineers Australia).
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S.
About the role
This position focuses on leading the traction power team within the Melbourne Rail team.
In this role you will be:
- Accountable for significant and complex activities or projects. This will require you to be responsible for predicting and planning future resources.
- Representing Arup at internal and external meetings.
- Taking a longer term strategic view of the business and contribute to the development plan of Arup.
- Developing and mentoring junior staff to improve their technical understanding and skill sets.
- Responsible for executing responsibilities as outlined in Arup’s Quality Management System.
- Responsible for the performance and development of others. This would require you to provide guidance, training, motivation and direction to staff.
- Involved in setting budgets; as such you would be responsible for negotiating agreements with customers and suppliers in order to achieve financial targets.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.