|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
About the team
The team you’ll be joining is focused on making payments easier for small businesses.
About the role
We would like to talk with seasoned product people who have experience with SaaS, and are capable of helping us build new best-in-class global products.
As a Product Owner you will be working in a supportive environment with a team of talented developers and designers and will be focused on executing our product vision and roadmap by creating and delivering innovative solutions that solve real world problems.We're looking for people to work on technically challenging projects with solid analytical skills, confident stakeholder management and a strong Agile mindset.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Be part of a cross-functional forward-thinking product team and work with customers, our dev teams and other stakeholders to deeper understand the problems we’re solving
- Use your prioritisation skills to make the right calls on what needs to be addressed when and how value can be delivered as early as possible
- Use your great research, analysis and decision-making skills to juggle a range of enhancements and fixes that will come your way into an achievable roadmap
- Develop your Agile mindset to lead a team of peers to develop features that deliver to business outcomes while ensuring there's a shared understanding of the value they bring to customers
- Effectively manage communication during the release of solutions and beforehand with key stakeholders on development progress, scope and any roadblocks
We are looking for people with:
- Experience delivering technically challenging software projects in a comparable role
- Confidence to make the right calls
- Hands-on experience with Agile processes and principles
- A passion for creating products that solve real customer problems
- An open and effective communication style and the ability to build relationships at all levels
- A “can-do” attitude with authenticity, diplomacy and drive
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to work: we have a diverse and inclusive culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family, sport or side gig is the priority or something in between - Xero can be all of that and more.
We're a huge part of the small business and development communities and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences and hosting meetups. We're really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to improving diversity and inclusion.
At Xero, we trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your desire for learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish. We also encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares, Life Insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks like a great social club and sports teams you can join, free fruit, soft drinks and espresso coffee, as well as video games, pool and ping pong tables.
If this sounds like you apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!