|Job Type:||Full Time|
There's never been a better time to be at AGL
It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We're renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That's what we call progress. To achieve it, we're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
Join AGL at an exciting time of growth and transformation in the role of Senior Analyst, Carbon Analysis and Reporting located in Sydney. We are seeking a carbon reporting expert to join our Sustainability team to deliver our reporting under the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) scheme, and to provide analysis to assist with TCFD compliant reporting and the CDP climate change questionnaire.
This is a crucial role that will work closely with the Manager of CA & R and provide data to support the business on decision making in relation to carbon and climate risk. As a passionate individual, you will have the ability to develop relationships and influence senior stakeholders across our corporate and operational functions.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Delivery of AGL's reporting obligations under the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) Act
- Accurate data collection, collation, and calculations for AGL's assets
- Manage the completion of greenhouse and energy data for various reporting purposes: including the annual report and TCFD-compliant reporting
- Manage the CDP climate change questionnaire and contribute to other industry and ESG surveys
- Support the delivery of reporting under the TCFD recommendations
- Liaise with senior stakeholders across AGL's sites
- Contribute to and co-ordinate special projects as needed to address specific initiatives
To be successful, you will have:
- Experience in a Carbon Reporting position with a focus on NGER
- Strong technical knowledge and data analysis skills
- Able to manage and analyse data, develop data management processes, and interpret results accurately
- High level understanding of greenhouse gas calculations and reporting frameworks and requirements
- Experience in NGER compliance or similar reporting obligations
- Experience in TCFD / climate change risk reporting and analysis preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills including demonstrated ability to present written and oral recommendations
- Confident at liaising with people from all levels of business
- Ability to manage records and data to appropriate standards and to meet legislative requirements
- Extremely pro-active/high level of initiative
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we're continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we'll bring progress to life.
At AGL, we're committed to diversity and inclusion, so we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application.