|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have an exciting opportunity to become part of this high performing team in Dannevirke as an Asset Engineer. Reporting to the Asset Manager, this role is responsible for the planning, operational management and delivery of the forward works programme of renewals, determining effective maintenance programmes and contributing to the strategies that drive them.
About the role:
As the Asset Engineer you will provide support to the Asset Manager, the Operations, Technical Services teams as well as internal and external supply partners as one collaborative group. The Asset Engineer will be well supported by an experienced team who work across various contracts.
The Asset Engineer will ensure the deliverables of the contracts are being achieved and make best use of available financial, human and physical resources to provide a customer focused delivery team.
You will find yourself performing tasks such as:
- Managing the processes associated with the provision of data and condition collection including inspiring a team of inspectors
- Asset Inventory/database management and oversight of data quality
- Data analysis, treatment selection and the development of the forward works programmes
- Work with operational staff to ensure maintenance intervention strategies are followed and decisions are made with a "best for network" approach
- Training and developing the supplier team in the use of asset management processes and tools
- Facilitate the development & management of maintenance programmes of works
- Assist the Planning Manager with monthly financial and performance reports
- Assisting the Asset Manager and Asset Information Manager in information collection and analysis.
In return we offer full training and support, a collaborative working environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to develop your career! This position will be both challenging and rewarding.
What we are looking for:
- Desirable to hold tertiary Engineering qualification (or equivalent)
- Proven industry experience and knowledge but experience in advanced asset management will be advantageous
- Superior communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues in a clear and rigorous manner to maximize impact
- Proven ability to manage multifaceted supplier/service provider relationships and develop effective working relationships
- Passion, drive and enthusiasm and highly self-motivated to drive business results
- Sound commercial understanding and acumen
- Ability to conduct some travel.
If you are looking for that next step where you can really focus on solutions and make a difference, then this is the opportunity for you. To be considered for this role, please put an application forward by going to www.downercareers.co.nz and using job reference number 567384 .
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.