|Job Type:||Part Time|
- Start your career with a leading construction materials company
- Gain hands-on experience with major Asphalt projects
- 3-year fixed-term contract
Boral Asphalt is seeking a responsible, organised and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Project Engineer based in Port Melbourne . Reporting to the Contracting Manager – Asphalt Port Melbourne, you will be responsible for providing support and project management to the Asphalt projects in the region.
Ideally, you will have the resilience to handle a complex operating environment, deal with rapid change and engage with employees at every level of the organisation. You will be tertiary qualified in the Civil Engineering field mixed with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Your organisational and project management skills coupled with the ability to demonstrate strategic, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential.
Key duties of the role:
- Strong focus on the safe delivery of project packages in civil, electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Supervision of on-site contractor activities and performance
- Analyse, record and report on project risks and mitigations applied to the project
- Control project schedule in conjunction with the Project Team. Provide regular reporting on the project schedule, look ahead and at-risk activities. Review and approve deviations to the project plan and schedule
- Assisting with the management of construction activities in line with the requirements of the Victorian Worksafe legislation
Key attributes of you:
- A well-developed understanding of best in industry health, safety, and environment practices
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a broad spectrum engineering role with onsite construction supervision
- A competent professional with an appetite for working in, and enhancing, an inclusive open team
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant Engineering or a related civil construction certification will be highly regarded
- Effective negotiator and highly competent communicator
- Excellent communication skills and advanced skills in Microsoft Suite including Project
Benefits of Boral:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work arrangements
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Endorsed employer by Work180 for gender equality
- Established ex-Defence Force Alumni providing ongoing support and mentoring
- Organisation dedicated to being an industry leader in health, safety, and the environment
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Click to Apply.