|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative engineering, management and development consultancy working with high profile clients and on landmark projects worldwide. With over 16,000 staff and 150 offices worldwide, you'll be a part of an organisation delivering amazing engineering projects across sectors from transport, energy, buildings, water and the environment.
In the last 12 months Mott MacDonald have developed a strategy to invest and become a key provider of professional services within the Defence sector across Australia. With significant progress already made and a strong pipeline of work we are entering the next phase to expand the leadership team in key locations.
Our Melbourne team is seeking an experienced professional for the role of Defence Sector Lead Victoria. Working within the Defence sector of our Advisory business and alongside the National Defence Leader, this is a highly responsible role where you will be required to lead the development and delivery of highly complex projects and contribute to the overall growth of the Defence practice in Victoria, collaboratively with clients, partners and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Leadership of the Defence sector within Victoria and Tasmania (across our Design and Advisory businesses)
* Client engagement activities with key Defence clients and partners
* Opportunity management, pursuit planning and Defence submission writing
* Key leadership roles delivering Defence projects
* Resource management and forecasting for the Defence portfolio
* Working with Sector leads to pursue and deliver Defence projects
* Manage risk and commercial performance of Defence projects within Victoria and Tasmania
* Development of digital solutions with our Digital Advisory team alongside our key clients
* Engagement and an integral member of the national Defence sector team
* Ensure effective debrief and closeout occurs on Defence projects with key internal and external stakeholders
A current Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) clearance (preferable) or ability to obtain immediately is required for this role to a minimum of Baseline level.
The candidate will also hold either a:
* Tertiary engineering qualification or;
* Australian Institute of Project Management Registration
The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated, driven and have a strong track record of delivering significant projects, demonstrating flexibility and a wide breadth of knowledge within the Defence sector. Strong communication, interpersonal skills and a strong commercial acumen are required to ensure success, as this role will involve high-level stakeholder engagement.
Also, significant experience in managing public-facing projects and programmes subject to high levels of financial (value for money) and technical scrutiny would be highly beneficial
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy that is pushing ahead in the local market in a significant growth stage of this new sector for the business. If you are looking to take the next step in your career and for an opportunity to work in a fast-growing business with an organisation that is shaping the communities in which we live, then we would encourage you to apply for the above position and join our world class consultancy.
There's no time like the present to make a change.