|Location:||Acacia Ridge, Archerfield, Ascot, Ashmore, Australia, Blackwater, Bli Bli, Bowen Hills, Bowen Hills, Brisbane, Brisbane City, Bundaberg Central, Caboolture, Cairns, Callemondah, Cloncurry, Coorparoo, Dalby, Eagle Farm, Eight Mile Plains, Emerald, Gladstone Central, Gold Coast, Gympie, Ipswich, Kingaroy, Logan City, Mackay, Maryborough, Moranbah, Mount Isa, Muirlea, Nambour, Pinkenba, Portsmith, Richlands, Rockhampton, Roma, South Brisbane, South Burnett Regional, Strathfield, Strathpine, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Townsville, Valdora, Weipa, Whitsunday Regional, Woolloongabba, Yarwun, Yatala|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Business Partner within Downer’s Asset Services division. Based in Brisbane QLD, this is a critical role partnering with Downer’s Oil and Gas Sector (across multiple regions) on all HR areas (including capability building, talent management, staff engagement, performance management, industrial relations, workforce planning) and matters contributing to our ongoing growth and development. Reporting to the Manager People and Culture - Asset Services (East), you will work closely with our Operation’s leaders, to provide timely and accurate advice and guidance with a strong focus on providing pragmatic commercially relevant solutions.
- Be a qualified tenacious HR professional who thrives under pressure, handling competing priorities;
- ave a degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Psychology or equivalent (required);
- Have substantial experience as a Human Resources Professional within a medium to large contracting organisation with a range of employment contracts and Enterprise Agreements. A minimum of five years’ experience in a human resources business partner equivalent position is required;
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders and influence decision making to achieve necessary outcomes; and
- Experience within the Oil and Gas industry will be highly regarded.
Key to your success will be your demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- HR partnering with a variety of stakeholders to achieve business objectives;
- Working for a project centric organisation supporting a heavy industry workforce (both blue and white collar) across a variety of work fronts;
- Proficiency in providing HR and IR advice and support by utilising your working knowledge about best practice and relevant legislation (including applicable industrial relations codes of practice);
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to translate HR and IR objectives into commercial language i.e. communicate bottom line impacts;
- Commercially focused with hands-on experience in providing input on HR and IR matters for tenders, contributing to the growth and development of the business;
- Comfortable developing others, to build the capability of managers and HR colleagues within the Asset Services division to meet business expectations and achieve team goals;
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement by proactively interrogating and diagnosing issues; providing meaningful insights and analysis; and recommending and executing innovative business appropriate solutions;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust to deal with sensitive and difficult situations in a diplomatic and respectful manner;
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to effectively negotiate and prioritise multiple stakeholders requests to meet conflicting deadlines;
- Experience in organisational and cultural change is desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in an agile dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful Asset maintenance organisation. No two days are alike as you will work autonomously across a range of HR activities through a commercial lens. You will be working with a small team of passionate HR professionals with high energy who enjoy sharing ideas and experiences to continually improve the customer experience.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For further information contact Michaela.Alexander@downergroup.com