|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting opportunity to join a growing team
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change and drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG's Management Consulting division is looking for individuals who are passionate about Business Resilience and Cyber risk to join their growing Business Resilience team in Sydney as a Senior Consultant on a permanent basis. This opportunity will require you to play an active role in KPMG's Technology, Risk and Cyber Security service line.
You will work closely with clients to evaluate their business strategy, understand their technology environment and provide recommendations to enable them to improve their ability to respond to business disruptions and threats.
This is why we are here
Our dedicated team of Resilience specialists work shoulder-to-shoulder with organisations at the centre of Australian life to ensure they are reliable, dependable and successful – no matter what this world throws at them. Our goal is to help our clients manage major – and often time-critical problems as effectively as possible. From ensuring IT systems supporting new products are highly available and resilient, to understanding and managing the potential impacts of crises – we are a globally-minded team that acts locally to preserve the successes of progress, hard work and investment. We inspire confidence, and empower change.
Our services are dynamic and responsive to our clients’ needs and market demands, including:
- Working with risk managers, operational staff and senior executives to identify and report on weaknesses in their arrangements for preventing and responding to incidents, emergencies, disruptions and crises
- Preparing organisations to manage significant problems when they occur
- Designing, developing and implementing solutions to identify, manage and minimise the impacts of incidents and disruptions – including the impacts to operations, brand and reputation, IT system availability, community and political relationships, and regulatory compliance
- Improving the decision making of organisational leaders through coaching, training and exercising capability, and
- Ensuring businesses and governments can provide vital services to their customers, no matter the impediment – including food, healthcare, payments, emergency services and telecommunications
Your new role
We are interested in Senior Consultant level individuals with more than 3 years of experience to join our national team of Resilience specialists.
This role will focus on engagement delivery, client meetings and working with teams from across KPMG’s Management Consulting division to ensure we are able to communicate and deliver on the KPMG customer promise.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Working with Managers and Associate Directors on a range of jobs – taking a leading role in the delivery of our engagements
- Assisting the clients to manage disruption risks in a way that enhances their ability to meet business objectives, stakeholder expectations and compliance obligations
- Performing gap assessments between the Operational Resilience, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management and Crisis Management capabilities of our clients against recognised global and domestic standards and regulations (e.g. ISO22301, ISO27031, APRA CPS232, AS3745-2010)
- Developing benchmarking reports to provide our clients with insight on where they stand when measured against relevant industry practices
- Improving our clients' understanding and management of disruption risk in both critical processes and technology through designing and implementing effective controls
- Expanding the technical skills at the Consultant level in the existing team
- Reduce the reliance on key Managers (within the existing team) to deliver technical consulting work
- Developing your consulting skills in a range of Resilience services such as Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management and Crisis Management
- Leading junior staff to deliver the appropriate outcomes.
What you bring to the role
- Australian work rights (citizenship preferred)
- Strong communication skills – particularly in writing, stakeholder interviews/ workshops and, presenting to small groups, and within high performing teams
- Strong written skills, including writing and document design skills to quickly distil complex content into easy-to-understand and visually appealing experiences
- Exceptional MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and research skills are essential
- A commitment to excellence, problem fixing, and forming high-quality relationships
- A willingness to work hard and make an impact
- Ability to support, lead and inspire stakeholders – including colleagues and clients
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail and natural curiosity are essential
- Industry or professional services experience; and
- A willingness to invest in yourself, and in the development of others and KPMG
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues, and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.