Applications will open Monday 24th February, 2020 and close Wednesday 8th April, 2020. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms (i.e. completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school or work, including open source hobby coding)
- Currently in your penultimate year of study.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Work authorization in Australia.
About the job
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on our core products and services as well as those which support critical functions of our engineering operations. Intern projects depend on your background and experience.
Using your foundation in computer science, you will develop and present new ideas, striving for an understanding of our products to continually improve upon them. We focus on being a collaborative, global organisation consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skills and a keen eye for quality.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Work-in and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and cross functional teams.