|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office -12 month contract
- Suits an experienced procurement professional
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist on a 12 month contract who will maximise value, manage risk, improve efficiencies and ensure quality. This role will report to the Senior Manager Sourcing and will have experience in the Corporate category, which could include Professional Services, Legal Services, People, Marketing, Print, Records Management, Mailhouse and Post.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Procurement management including spend analysis, category strategy, market engagement, supplier assessment, contract negotiation, and supplier management.
- Design and implement category/sub-category strategies in conjunction with business stakeholders.
- Negotiate, execute and maintain agreements with suppliers in line with the Corporate Category Strategy and the Group Procurement Policy.
- Ensure all suppliers are compliant with the supplier management framework.
- Achieve yearly savings targets.
- Build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Part time working conditions could be considered for this role.
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience in:
- Experience overseeing all aspects of the procurement process including, pre-qualification of potential suppliers, proposal evaluation (including complex pricing analysis), and negotiation of contracts including commercial review and advice.
- Procurement experience across a corporate portfolio. Although not essential, but experience could be across Professional Services, Legal Services, People, Marketing, Print, Records Management, Mailhouse and Post.
- Developing strong stakeholder engagement experience across all levels.
- Developing strong supplier engagement.
- Driving pro-active Category Management.
- Demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills; problem solving capacity; and ability to work both independently and collaboratively as the situation requires.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.