|Job Type:||Full Time|
Claims Team Manager - Rest
- Join Australia’s No. 1 Life Insurer
- Unique opportunity
- Great benefits including free onsite gym
Welcome to This Australian Life.
Embarking on a transformative journey with our newest partner Rest we believe life insurance has a special role in our community and that Australian families place their trust in TAL. This purpose is at the heart of our business and it is why we come to work each day.
We believe that the most important part of life isn't the things we own, but the experiences we share with the people we love. That's why we do what we do, protect what matters most, so that Rest Members and their families have the freedom to keep living the life they planned, no matter what happens.
About the Opportunity
We are creating a ‘one team’ approach, creating a dedicated co-located Rest and TAL team dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience. We are looking to build a team of dynamic thinking and solutions oriented people with the ability to work in an agile environment and deliver with passion for our customers.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Team Manager to lead the team on the journey as we support the Rest and their Members.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Best practice portfolio management of the operational life insurance claims function on behalf of TAL, including: death, trauma, funeral, TPD benefits, disability and income protection
- Providing technical support to team members in situations such as complex claims, claims liability determination, claims strategy sign off above delegation limits, and resolution of customer complaint escalations
- Undertaking quality assurance on claims, to ensure claims cost and duration are minimalised, whilst customer service is maintained and legislative and industry guidelines are met
- Undertake team coordination and leadership functions, including ensuring that:
- the team are regularly aware of, and engaged in, all relevant company communications;
- the team are aligned with the TAL Claims philosophy;
- leadership is provided in relation to performance outcomes of individuals and the team; and
- resources are managed to maintain appropriate work levels across the team, whilst balancing the achievement of key financial drivers;
- Providing regular Claims reports, statistics and explanatory documents as required;
- Continuously reviewing Claims processes and frameworks to seek out opportunities for improvement in the overall claims experience for customers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Case Management (or similar) role within Financial Services/Insurance Industry
- Strong knowledge of Life Insurance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A passion for and demonstrated track record of leading and building a successful team
- Knowledge of definitions of disablement and techniques for claims investigations
What are our employee benefits?
- A generous company paid life insurance and super plan
- Recognition and reward programs that acknowledge great work
- Coaching, mentoring and training programs
- Flexible work and leave options to support study, family and lifestyle
- A focus on wellbeing including health and product discounts
At TAL, we look for people who represent our diverse Australian community; people who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community.
We offer a workplace that’s inclusive and flexible, supporting our people with options that let them make the most of their careers.