|Job Type:||Full Time|
CBGU JV brings together partners CPB Contractors, BAM, Ghella and UGL to deliver the Tunnel, Stations and Development (TSD) package for Brisbane’s Cross River Rail. Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, including 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and CBD. CBGU JV will deliver the underground works of the project, including tunneling, four new underground stations, an over-station development at Albert Street and an above ground retail plaza at Roma Street.
One project team, building career opportunities for you.
Reporting to the Tunnelling SH Manager, the Safety Advisor will sit within the project team and contribute to the project by implementing initiatives that support Everyone Safe, Every day .
You will be accountable for:
- Contributing to a culture of "Safety and Health above all else".
- Ensure safety systems and procedures are implemented and followed to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
- Actively participate in the development of Safe Work Method Statements.
- Work with engineers, supervisors and workforce representatives to ensure the hierarchy of controls are used to eliminate risks.
- Conduct regular formal inspections of subcontractors work to ensure the SWMS covers all the work being done, that the controls listed in the SWMS comply with hierarchy of controls, and that controls are implemented and effective.
- Actively involve and coach project supervisors and personnel to support their ongoing development and knowledge of WHS processes and practices.
- Ensure actions from inspections, audits, incident investigations, observations, hazard reports, staff meetings and workforce meetings are captured, recorded and followed through until closed out.
Minimum requirements for this role include the following:
- Enthusiastic team player with a willingness to contribute and grow.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health and Safety.
- 3 - 5 years previous experience in a similar role, on a construction project in an underground environment
- Alcohol and Drug Testing Qualification (desired).
- ICAM lead investigator (desired).
At CBGU JV, we are committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities on our project. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation and we encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.