|Job Type:||Full Time|
Western Power delivers on the changing energy needs of Western Australians, powered by community trust and the passion of our people. We respect and take care of each other, our community and the environment. We are focused on serving our customers and are committed to providing a safe working environment for our people. It is an exciting time in the electricity industry, a time of great change, innovation and opportunity which we embrace and welcome. That’s why we need talented people with passion and ambition to join us.
At Western Power we are committed to safely and efficiently connecting the community with the energy needed to power their lives.
This is a full time, permanent position located at Perth Head Office.
About the Role:
This position is accountable for delivering telecommunication conceptual and detailed design to support Western Power’s Protection, Automation and SCADA systems, by developing and applying high level subject matter expertise and specialist knowledge, engineering experience, best practice and skills.
- The successful applicant will be experienced and possess the following:
- Telecommunications Engineering with extensive experience in an electric utility environment, including experience in estimating, conceptual and detailed design and configuration of telecommunications systems in an electrical utility environment;
- Specialised knowledge of the system design for two or more of: Teleprotection systems, Fixed & Mobile Radio (VHF-UHF), Cable Carrier Systems (Metallic/Optical Fibre), Mux Networks, High Speed Digital Transmission, Power Line Carrier systems, Supervisory systems.
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution secondary systems concept and detailed design, and estimating processes;
- Knowledge of power system primary and secondary facilities;
- High level understanding and knowledge of telecommunication engineering standards, compliance & regulations, Technical Rules and procedures applicable to secondary systems;
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’.
The successful candidate must possess a degree in electronic or telecommunication engineering (or equivalent) recognised by Engineers Australia and satisfy the academic requirements for appointment as a professional engineer and be eligible for corporate membership of Engineers Australia. Candidates who are Chartered Engineer with Engineers Australia will be given preference.
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Salary commencing from: ASU EA Level S8.1E: $130,596 + 11% superannuation dependant on skills and experience.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 28 February 2020