|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re investing in our people, our communities, our networks, and a sustainable future. Our focus is on creating a better more connected future for Australia.
Do you see yourself as part of our Amazing People?
Reporting to the Associate Director, Data Analytics & Robotics Team (“DART”), who is based in Singapore, the Fraud Analytics Manager is a leadership role within DART providing a link to the Fraud Risk Management team in Optus. Based in Sydney, you will be responsible for significant elements of the data analysis components related to monitoring, analysis and maintaining a strategic fraud risk control plan for the Optus business as well as for fraud investigations.
Fraud Risk Management is responsible for supporting and advising senior management and senior business leaders regarding fraud investigations, fraud risk mitigation strategy and fraud controls. The Fraud Risk Management Analytics team provides support to the Optus business with respect to fraud investigation analytics, monitoring and reporting.
This is a newly created role where you will have the opportunity to manage an ongoing program of continuous improvement to identify and address gaps and opportunities in the current fraud control environment, through collaboration with senior management and business representatives across all business units and products.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create a fraud analytics Centre of Excellence within the Fraud Risk Management team that has the capability to identify, diagnose, and troubleshot business issues that lead to fraud risk exposure
- Draw on a range of insights, fraud intelligence, data analytics and commercial analysis to identify the root cause of fraud issues
- Provide executive level reporting information with key messages and analytics
- Lead the implementation of mitigation strategies and ensure they drive the required outcomes to correct identified fraud exposure
- Manage ongoing tracking of mitigation strategy deliverables
- Maintain current knowledge of analytics tools and systems
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven people leadership experience
- Extensive experience within a similar data analytics role, with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong proficiency in Tableau, and Python or R, with knowledge of SQL databases
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or related
- Solid understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- The role requires you to be at times on-call and flexible to changed or extended work hours to address business critical incidents
To express interest in this fantastic newly created position, please include a covering letter and apply online today.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.