|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
CSL Behring is a global biotherapeutics leader driven by its promise to save lives. In Bern more than 1500 employees develop and deliver life-saving therapies to treat people with rare and serious medical conditions worldwide.
For our location in Bern (or other sites specified) and within the External Supply Integration department, we are looking for a:
Global Analytical Testing and Quality Control Partnering Lead (Director)
The Global Analytical Testing and Quality Control Partnering Lead is a key strategic role responsible to ensure that CSL Behring unit operations are able to meet future growth aspirations and to ensure integrity of supply by creating alternative strategies to generate operational capacity and reliability through outsourcing/external supply networks for responsible unit operations. The role will drive unit operation specific external supply integration strategies, investigate and build critical external E2E operational networks, and manage key partner relationships to support delivery of CSL’s long term growth strategy.
The role will include oversight of alliances for responsible unit operations across End to End Operations to ensure they are well-aligned and receive proactive management. The role will work within robust governance to establish CSL Behring as a valued customer in the contract manufacturing and material supply business environments. The role will work with a team of peers representing a broad range of unit operations, which this role will lead one or more. The role will also identify and propose opportunities for CSL to leverage internal assets for external parties where appropriate (MAB capabilities, etc) to maximize return from assets.
As a member of the External Supply Integration leadership team this role will also lead important network-wide, cross-functional projects that help advance and/or refine CSL’s external supply strategy.
- Implements and oversees the tech transfer and operations of QC Analytical operations for multiple CSL sites collaborating with multiple CMO laboratories distributed globally.
- Manages a budget of $50m p.a.
- Moderately complex relationships, strategy and highly complex technology and tech transfer scope.
Provides global leadership of assigned Unit Operation/s that form a part of the overall External Supply Integration strategy:
- Inputs to the development of short, medium and long-term external supply integration strategy, for specific unit operations, aligned with CSL Behring’s overall ESI and network strategy
- Investigates, develops business cases and implements high quality external supply networks & partnerships
- Drives relevant due diligence processes & business case development
- Sets objectives & KPI’s and provides clear direction for responsible partnerships and is responsible for ongoing operational performance of the partner and the critical information and supply chain interfaces between the partner and CSL
- Ensures alignment between End to End Supply, external supply integration, new product development & network strategies for responsible unit operations
- Contributes to the global ESI team and its strategies
Works within management systems that deliver compliant, sustainable performance and value in defined external supply relationships
Work within the governance for planning & execution management including execution of:
- Relevant tech transfer, supply chain readiness and quality systems partnering with relevant colleagues in process engineering, supply chain, sourcing, R&D and quality/regulatory
- Robust contract execution management and governance to secure sustainable, predictable performance
- Contract and business risk management
- Contract account management
- Establishment & delivery of KPIs for costs, quality, sustainability which drive business significant improvements for responsible unit operations
- Quality and regulatory compliance of relevant external suppliers in partnership with appropriate groups.
Leads alliance management for responsible unit operation partnerships
- Aligns to the alliance management strategy of the global ESI Alliance lead and delivers through leading practices in management of strategically important and high value external operational relationships for responsible partners
- Proactively raises potential partnership issues
- Reviews and contribute to M&A activities
- Maintains connection to external activities within R&D to ensure long term continuity across technical platforms for responsible unit operations.
Budget and Continuous Improvement:
- Coach and mentor the organization by providing guidance in the latest and most advanced applicable external supply practices for responsible unit operations, and acting as a role model by consistently demonstrating the application of these practices
- Continuously evaluates opportunities for improved service provision and value
- Solicits and acts on feedback from the organisation and key stakeholders and equally influences internal change to make the internal and external end to end connection efficient
Leadership of people and teams
- As scale requires, build, develop and manage a small team capable of engaging employees’ commitment to achieve the company’s goals and objectives, while complying with company policies.
- Provides accountability for assigned critical deliverables for the team including include budget management, staff development and performance management
- Ensure capabilities for delivering future capacities in responsible unit operations
- Promotes high employee engagement and a positive work environment.
- Recruit, retain, train and develop the team
- Build and sustain employee engagement by creating a culture of efficient execution and an environment in which individuals and teams can excel and continuously improve
External Networking – be a respected CSL E2E Operations leader with critical external supply stakeholders that is consistent with the overall ESI partnering strategy and culture
- Acts as a spokesperson for CSL E2E operations in relation to assigned key external supply relationships.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, or technical field relevant to CSL products, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience including 5 years’ leadership in multi-location environments, leading technical specialist working under Standard operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Distribution Practice (GDP)
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical best practices
- Experience in Supply Chain, International business and negotiating significant commercial contracts
- Sophisticated multi-cultural matrix management skills.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Applications must include a motivation letter and CV, as well as letters of references and copies of relevant transcripts and/or diplomas in the original language. Please include all these in one document together with the CV.
CSL Behring is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all.