|Location:||Broadmeadows, Kankakee County, Montgomery County|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Accountable for the development, implementation and sustainment of a phased EHS design review process, construction safety program, and facility acquisition process for CSL and Seqirus sites.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Identifies industry best practices and develops and implements a globally aligned Global EHS design review process to ensure EHS requirements are considered throughout all phases of a project. Develops or procures an electronic tool to guide the review process.
2. Leads the development and execution of a comprehensive Global EHS construction management program to ensure safety of contractors and staff during construction projects. Examples of program elements include contractor pre-qualification, on-site safety support, inspections, incident reporting and investigation, hazard review and mitigation, and pretask planning.
3. Oversees the IS Networld contractor prequalification process and implementation at all sites. Develops and implements a Global process for managing contractors based on IS Networld scoring.
4. Conducts design reviews utilizing established processes and tools.
5. Performs EHS due diligence assessments of new facility acquisitions. Develops and implements a process for consistent EHS due diligence reviews.
6. Partners with Global Engineering to review and develop Global design standards.
7. Conducts periodic reviews to ensure adherence to implemented design and construction safety standards and processes.
8. Provides hands on support to new and existing sites to ensure the rapid deployment of robust construction safety management programs.
Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Engineering or related discipline.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in EHS in multi-location companies. Prefer a track record in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or life sciences industry. Demonstrated ability to facilitate and implement systems-based thinking approaches globally.
- Well versed in regulations and guiding principles for EHS design and review.
- Experience in implementation of high hazard process design.
- Experience working with a contractor prequalification process (ex. IS Networld).
- Excels at the development of clear, consise, and effective policies, standards, and procedures.
- Willingness to travel to sites and provide hands on assistance perform design reviews, address deficiencies, share practices and rapidly implement global systems.
CSL Behring LLC will provide equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of membership in a legally protected class, including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, or handicap/disability.
CSL Behring is committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are a part of our everyday business.