|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Designs and implements business processes to enable product research and development portfolio prioritization, resource allocation, and risk management. Designs related integrated process and product team activities and directs technical and operational activities to ensure vertical and horizontal integration. Provides product portfolio analyses and reports to management committees for support of decision-making. Leads teams in strategy efforts, lifecycle management planning, and assessments of probability-of-success. Develops systems to support dynamic portfolio management. Serves a key role in portfolio evaluation process. Drives initiatives across functions, research and development units to create fully integrated strategies. Monitors and reports on portfolio status and proactively addresses and resolves issues.
As Senior Scientist, reporting to the Manager Product Characterisation, you will be in charge of developing test methods for characterisation and product release of recombinant proteins within Product Development. If you are a proactive person having excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organisation, this could be your next long term role working in the heart of Melbourne.
It is your responsibility to:
- Develop characterisation methods using a combination of hyphenated mass spectrometry techniques (LC-MS and LC-MS/MS) and MALDI mass spectrometry, with a focus on biologics characterization.
- In collaboration with internal and external data scientists, facilitate physical and digital transformation of current MS characterisation platform methodologies, which includes integrated software and hardware automation setups.
- Provide analytical support for R&D projects during development support of stability trials
- Assume key facilitator roles in the Technical Transfer of methods in and out of the department
- Supervise and train a focused task team of scientists when and if required
- Implement and support quality systems within Bioanalytical Sciences, and ensure department compliance with GSP and GMP standards, as appropriate.
To be successful
The applicant must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- PhD or equivalent degree in Biochemistry, Protein Mass Spectrometry or a related field; Masters/Bachelor degree with relevant and outstanding achievements will also be considered.
- At least three to five years laboratory experience in separation sciences, protein biochemistry, or pharmaceutical sciences with a strong emphasis on MS instrumentation and protein/biologics characterization analysis
- Significant experience the interface operation of mass spectrometry instruments and their associated equipment (e.g. Chromeleon or Chemstation for HPLC, and Analyst, GPS Explorer, Xcalibur, or Compass for MS).
- Extensive expertise in the hardware operation and maintenance of mass spectrometry instrumentation (e.g. ESI-MS, MALDI-MS, good knowledge of QqTOF, QqQ and Orbitrap instruments, particularly as applied to protein, peptide and glycan analysis.
- Experience in techniques such as glycan analysis and small molecules HPLC based assays would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding / experience in assay development concepts and validation.
- Hands-on operational experience with automation will be of significant advantage.
- Programming experience, particularly in automating software and hardware control will be highly regarded.
- Experience in data science, big data analytics and database implementations particularly for MS applications would be highly regarded.
- A high level of troubleshooting capability.
- Effective time management, excellent organisational skills, and an ability to plan work appropriately at both tactical and strategic level
- Competent in scientific communications to be delivered in English
- Ability to work proactively and effectively in a team environment and independently where required.
Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter.
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability evaluation process.