|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
At CSL Behring, we are looking for a Senior Medical Science Liaison to join us at our Docklands office. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging and building strong links with key external medical experts in the designated therapeutic field(s), including identifying scientific needs via an in-depth understanding of the therapy area.
The responsibilities in this role include:
- Partnering with External Experts on key projects and activities related to the depth of science behind CSL’s medicines to facilitate the quality use of our medicines
- Communication and discussion with the scientific and medical community is integral to identify and implement scientific programs
- Working collaboratively and proactively with the Brand Team to develop strategic medical, scientific and relationship management plans that align with business objectives and enhances the value of our products
- Playing an integral role in the formation of medical brand strategy through insights related to the external environment to inform business intelligence
Education and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as pharmacology, pharmacy, immunology, biosciences, public health or epidemiology. PhD in a relevant scientific field would be highly desirable
- 4 to 5 years of experience with demonstrated relevant competencies required to qualify for this role
- Ability to apply and leverage scientific and medical knowledge is essential
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with external experts
- Demonstrated business planning ability and strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated innovative thinking
- Demonstrated working knowledge of regulations governing information provision/interactions with customers within the pharmaceutical industry. Strong medical governance capabilities.