|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Fantastic opportunity to join the new University Infrastructure team.
- Located at Camperdown/ Darlington Campus
- Full-time continuing position with a remuneration package $92k which will include a leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assurance and Control Officer to join the University Infrastructure team. As the Assurance and Control Officer you will facilitate appropriate risk and quality management system review techniques to provide comfort to the Chief University Infrastructure Officer that the services provided by University Infrastructure are well designed, fit for purpose, have a continuous improvement approach and meet legislative requirements and University policy.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Assurance and Control Officer who can demonstrate:
- ability to own, update and manage the compliance and assurance framework, tools and register
- excellent time and workload management skills
- exceptional organization skills
- extensive stakeholder management skills with the ability to build string relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
University Infrastructure (UI) is responsible for partnering with its University clients to;
- support the University and Faculty strategies, by being a well-recognised and leading client-focused property and infrastructure planning and delivery unit, which includes expertise in planning and design, property development, infrastructure delivery, space, and sustainability to enable the University to achieve its strategic and operational goals.
- by providing a focus on the infrastructure design, development and delivery, ensuring the University’s strategic objectives, design standards, sustainability targets and new ways of working are achieved to enhance teaching and research together with student, staff and community experience.
- define the Infrastructure Responses to the University and Faculty strategies.
- manage the space policy, space allocation issues, utilisation and reporting to governance committees for decisions on space as required to meet the needs of the University.
- proactively seek and manage property development opportunities in alignment with the University strategies.
- develop and manage the operational model of student accommodation scheduling etc.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://sydney.edu.au/about-us/careers-at-sydney.html and search by the reference number 2871/1219C to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 13 February 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.