|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small business more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small business, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
Based in our Wellington office, this position within our global Financial Accounting team will be required to obtain a thorough understanding of the Xero business environment and will assist in ensuring Xero meets the accounting and reporting requirements that arise by virtue of being a listed issuer. You will build strong relationships throughout the business and become a trusted advisor to the Finance leadership team and the business in general.
What you'll do:
- Develop Xero's financial reporting to respond to changing requirements
- Provide advice on the technical and financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Ensure Xero's capitalized software development is accounted for in accordance with IFRS.
- Support the wider team over month end and half yearly/annual reporting cycles
- Develop accounting policies that comply with NZ IFRS
- Participate in ad-hoc company-wide finance projects
What you’ll bring with you:
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a CA firm and/or large corporate
- Achieved or be working towards a CA/CPA qualification
- Experience with process/systems improvement and superb attention to detail
- Strong planning, organisational, problem solving and self-management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Drive and initiative
- A team player attitude, you love to collaborate and pro-actively assist other team members
Why you should join us:
We’re a bunch of awesome, diverse humans who love coming into work. Everyone loves it for different reasons. We're a big part of the small business community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups and generally being evangelical about small business and its value to the global economy.
We truly value our people and there’s an awesome package on offer that includes competitive base salary, Xero shares, Life Insurance and other benefits too.
If you’ve read all this, are interested and feel you’ve got lots to offer - apply below!