- A solution Architect provides architecture leadership & subject matter expertise to client engagements focusing on complex & innovative products and reusable assets
- Prior to kicking off a project as part of a product life cycle the solution architect develops solution plans intended to support business investment decisions which means they must hold the appropriate balance between costs, risks and quality of the product
- The solution architect creates innovative and practical designs that account for the end-to-end technical solution of a system, in line with the business strategy and objectives and within the context of EY’s technology environment.
- For that, he/she works closely and continuously with the business/client to focus on meeting business/client requirements and incorporating broader aspects such as overall product costs/revenue, data privacy & sovereignty, business continuity, information security, integration with other systems, etc.
- He/she is key in identifying, defining and implementing reusable assets and standards. He/she is also responsible for adherence to these standards and consumption of reusable assets across products and portfolios
- He/she ensures relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly across Technology programs/projects and products.
- He/she also contributes to the development of architecture governance structures, methodologies and compliance activities
- He/she works with vendors to assess vendor products, understand vendor’s delivery models and assist in implementing them at EY.
- A solution architect can work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders. He/she sets architectural direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business. He/she anticipates needs and potential objections and helps to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants: Solution and Technical Architects, engineering teams, product manager, project managers, product analysts, test and project teams, Information Security and Operations…
- He/she has excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
- He/she cultivates lasting relationships across business, IT and vendors / industry analysts to maintain insight into the broader enterprise as well as industry trends.
- He/she recognizes industry technology trends and emerging technologies, understands how they apply to EY and can drive their adoption into our organization.
- He/she evangelizes and encourages importance of technical quality, emerging technologies, sharing & experimentation across the org through mentoring, hackathons, communities etc.
- He/She drives an ongoing communication plan to educate stakeholders on the purpose and benefits of solution architecture
- He/She guides others in resolving complex issues in solution architecture and solves complex, escalated aspects of a project
- He/She monitors the progress and the quality of the project and reviews and develops due diligence to confirm the developed solution complies with architectural design
- Converts business and technical requirements into technology solutions
- Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
- Assesses and manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously
- Ensures architectural deliverables meet schedules and estimates
- Applies judgment when implementing application development/engineering methodologies, processes, and practices, to meet all project requirements; including product design, information security, code maintainability and reliability
- Anticipates project issues and risks before they occur, and work with teammates to identify and implement solutions or mitigations with relevant stakeholders
- Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Can analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Can balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic by balancing the risk to the project, product or to the firm.
- Can lead a diverse group of project stakeholders and members towards successful delivery of a project.
- Provides formal and informal coaching on-the-job to grow team members to their full potential. Mentors junior members of the team and reviews their work acting as a best practice / quality resource
- Able to delegate when appropriate but leads by example when required
- Receives general direction from the Solution Architecture Leadership Team. Works with architecture leaders and peers, business stakeholders/clients, product owners, project managers, product managers, engineers, product analysts and business stakeholders to drive a project’s progress and ensure success
- Due to our global organization and global operating model there may be cross border reporting lines (your manager may be based in another country).
- The role is primarily an individual contributor in a Solution Architecture team.
- Can adopt and relate new technologies to the set of problems we face at EY while adhering to security and other EY standards
- Can communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to a variety of (business) stakeholders effectively and comprehensibly
- Possesses strategic business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy
- Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability, all the so-called “capabilities” of a system
- Understanding of latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options.
- Expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Rackspace, VMware, or OpenStack)
- Able to navigate the EY organization to facilitate work beyond the immediate technical team
- Has an advanced understanding of solution architecture.
- Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies;
- Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
- Broad understanding of EY Technology, including service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
- Strong collaborator – willingness to share ideas, documentation and leading practices
- Conceptual and analytical thinker – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.