|Location:||Kalgoorlie - Boulder|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. We own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution our best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
- Mungari is located 20km south west of Kalgoorlie and 600km east of Perth, WA
- Residential operation with transport from Kalgoorlie to site daily
- Be at home with your family every night
- Roster: 8/6
We are currently looking for an Underground Mine Geologist, based at our Mungari Gold Operation in Kalgoorlie, WA. You will be responsible for the daily UG mine geological activities reporting to the Mine Geology Superintendent.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise the use of and seek to continually improve geological processes to achieve and or exceed specified goals, cost and safety targets.
- Ensure that the Geology team supports the Mining Department to optimise the extraction of the mineral resource.
- Supervise the collection and validation of geological data such as drilling data and mapping.
- Prepare and maintain grade control and geological models in conjunction with the Senior Mine Resource Geologist.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of mining production and stockpiles on a monthly bias or as directed.
- Plan and supervise effective grade control and resource development programs and ensure that quality control is maintained at the highest possible level.
- Plan and manage drilling programs to identify gold distribution and geometry within the mine operation to allow timely mine planning.
- Contractor supervision and management
- Prepare and present regular reports and updates on Mine Geology activities for both internal and external purposes.
- Mentoring and supervision of Mine Geologists and Mine Technicians
- Generate and/or provide input into budgets, forecasts and schedules
What you’ll bring
Our values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability and Respect guide how we act each and every day, they are the basis of our company culture. You will demonstrate your ‘safety first’ mindset and how you strive for excellence and take pride in your work. You will strive to improve, be bold in your thinking and be accountable for your work and ‘own it’. Working in a collaborative team you will be open to feedback, respect other’s opinions and challenge constructively to build trust and create an inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work.
You will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Geology.
- Proven experience within a similar role.
- Mine geology and grade control experience in gold will be highly regarded.
- Experience using Minesight, Surpac, Datamine or Vulcan or similar systems
- QA/QC processes.
- Solid understanding of mining techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of sampling practices.
What we offer
We want your time at Evolution to be a highlight of your career. We will dare you to think differently, act like an owner and live our values of safety, accountability, excellence and respect.
We take pride in looking after our people and are passionate about personal development. We will help you build on your strengths, appreciate your diversity, provide opportunities for your development and challenge you to be your best. We will make sure you are clear on your accountabilities and have the right resources, systems and tools to achieve and succeed in your role.
As a growth focused business, we recognise our people’s efforts and reward the outcomes they deliver, as well as how they delivered them. We offer competitive salaries and bonus structures and have for the past four years invited our people to share in our success through an employee share scheme.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people is really important to us and we are proud to be globally recognised leaders in sustainability. We recognise work-life integration and offer flexible working arrangements, subsidised private health insurance and a range of health and wellbeing options providing a stimulating and inclusive work environment.
It’s all in the name… we’ve evolved from a small company in 2011 into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our diversified portfolio combining production and growth has made it become the third largest ASX listed gold miner.
We own and operate five gold operations across Australia, three are in Queensland, one in New South Wales and one in Western Australia. We are proud of our sustainability efforts with a focus to deliver long-term stakeholder value through safe, low-cost gold production in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
Underpinning it all, is our Australian story and spirit.
Our Mungari gold operation is both open pit and underground, located 20km west of Kalgoorlie and 600km east of Perth in Western Australia. Being a residential mine, our employees go home every night, with many living in the local community of Kalgoorlie. Throughout the year there are many cultural and community events to enjoy and for families there are several schools, parks and sporting clubs. Our lifestyle friendly rosters give our employees a great work-life balance.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people is of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace. We want our people to go home safely to their family and friends and we inspire a safety culture where people do the right thing for themselves and those around them because they believe in safety, not just because there is a rule in place.
Click the Apply Now button, or to discover more about us and how you can be part of the Evolution story, go to www.evolutionmining.com.au/discover