- Full time role
- Flexible working conditions
- Brisbane based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Reporting to the General Manager of Risk, Assurance, Compliance and Process Safety; This role provides process safety leadership and technical expertise to support the operating assets to achieve safe, reliable and compliant operations. The role also provides technical support and review for the process safety activities associated with new project development and operational changes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery and implementation of effective process safety processes and systems
- Lead the PHA Revalidation, maintenance of Formal Safety Assessments and Pipeline Safety Management Study Programs
- Lead and participate in internal and third-party audits to assess compliance with HSE processes and technical safety standards
- Governance of asset led process safety plans and activities
- Fulfil the role of Technical Authority for Technical Safety
- Provide technical safety engineering support to the assets
- Establish and maintain technical safety standards as technical authority
- Lead process safety initiatives including safety culture across IG and Origin
- Provide coaching and mentoring of personnel in process safety
You’ll need to be driven, energetic and have proven abilitydemonstrating strategic direction as well as technical support, this role is suited to an experienced process safety professional who has previously worked in complex operating environments.
More about you:
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Tertiary qualifications in chemical/process/mechanical engineering or Risk and Safety Engineering complemented by extensive experience in process safety management in an oil and gas, hydrocarbon or petrochemical environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking and confidence to challenge and communicate ideas and concerns to management
- In depth knowledge of local legislation, regulations, standards and HSE requirements
- In depth knowledge of process equipment that is used in a hydrocarbon, chemical and oil and gas environment
- Ability to facilitate process hazard analyses to support operations and project related activities including PSSR, HAZOP, LOPA, Bow-tie, human engineering assessments, ORA and ALARP assessments.
- Ability to manage technical safety programmes of work
- Practical operations experience including experience with management of change, pre-start up safety reviews, commissioning, turnarounds, and troubleshooting.
- Incident Investigation experience (eg ICAM, Human Factors Assessment, Causal 5-whys)
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Integrated Gasbusiness plays a critical role in powering our future, as a leading gas producer for Australian and international markets. We’re also exploring for natural gas reserves to develop as a future energy source. We focus on being an efficient, low-cost operator of unconventional gas to meet the growing demand of high value gas and LNG customers in Australia and Asia. We need passionate and forward-thinking people to join us, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Chloe O'Brien - 03 9652 5052, quote Requisition ID: 74910
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers