|Location:||Blackwater, Brisbane, Bundaberg Central, Caboolture, Cairns, Emerald, Gladstone Central, Gold Coast, Gympie, Ipswich, Kingaroy, Mackay, Moranbah, Rockhampton, Roma, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Townsville, Weipa, Yarwun|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Mining is now seeking applications from experienced Project Managers with operational mining experience to lead and deliver on upcoming projects within our Open Cut division.
As a Downer Project Manager, you will be accountable for end to end project delivery, managing all contractual requirements whilst ensuring a positive and successful relationship with our client is maintained. You will be a respected leader with an extensive background in operational mining having led large, multi-disciplined workforces. We are able to offer flexibility around FIFO and/or residential roster options for the right candidates.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Lead, coordinate and successfully execute Downer’s scope of works;
- Act as the primary Downer contact for the client providing routine updates and ensuring appropriate levels of communication are maintained between the client and internal Downer management/stakeholders;
- Be responsible for risk and opportunity management and all financial forecasting of project deliverables;
- Effectively co-ordinate the commercial and procurement aspects of the project;
To be considered for this opportunity, we are seeking:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Civil/Mining Engineering preferred);
- Significant tenure in senior roles within the mining industry;
- A fundamental understanding of open cut engineering design, scheduling and planning;
- Strong leadership qualities with experience managing various stakeholders and direct reports within the project;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with a commitment to reach solutions and increase production;
- Effective planning, costing and organizational skills;
- A non-negotiable attitude towards safety best practice and a comprehensive understanding of industry safety standards, systems and legislation;
- And finally, a genuine commitment to creating a positive work environment and the enthusiasm to inspire and motivate your team.
This opportunity offers you the chance to work in a dynamic and professional project environment whilst developing your career within a highly successful ASX listed organisation. At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
For more information, you may contact email@example.com however to be considered, you must submit your application via the ‘Apply Now’ channels – we do not accept resumes via email.