|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company through strong analytics and business insights? Are you driven to find the next big ‘aha’, which may change the way a business thinks about their customers and products? Using your analytic ability and curious nature, you will research key customer and support challenges to Atlassian scaling its solutions to 100 million users. We’re growing quickly, so you'll need to be an adaptable person, a fast-learner, and someone comfortable collaborating and consulting with those around you. You'll be an excellent fit for this role if you have a practical business understanding to complement your deep analytic ability to help drive positive change.
Analytics at Atlassian is multidisciplinary. The ideal fit is someone who can dig into the business challenge and ask the core questions, ensure data and analytics integrity, and build a convincing case to take action. We want a difference maker, a thoughtful and diligent data analyst that can take data from many sources and partner with business teams and executives to drive the right actions.
In this role:
- You will drive data insights find opportunities, such as customer segmentation analysis
- You will define and surface KPIs to measure impact
- You will design experiments to measure success and come up with insights that inform business decisions
- You are going to take business requirements, work with data engineers to define and craft changes needed in data models
- You will define work scope, assess analytics solutions, communicate expectations with internal customers, and manage execution
- You will translate data results into business actions/recommendations, document and share findings, present to relevant teams and senior leaders
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- You are degree-qualified and show evidence of continued learning in a quantitative discipline and have over 4 years of relevant experience
- You are a proven data analyst who is strong in SQL and has a working knowledge of statistical tools (e.g. R or Python)
- You are great at data visualisation (e.g. Tableau)
- You have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, and great attention to detail
- You have the passion to tell stories through data, with heart and humour, that resonate senior leadership
It's also great if:
- You are familiar with service organisations and the metrics used to drive them
- You have experience defining data model requirements
- You have had a solid experience in experimentation - e.g. a/b testing or multi-variant testing
More about our team
We analyse data from a variety of sources, such as support tickets, product analytics and application logs, to understand the friction our customers are facing and work with our development teams to enhance our applications.
We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and strive for perfection, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.