|Job Type:||Full Time|
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment be/hind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
The Reporting & InsightsTeam is responsible for developing and delivering reporting and analysis on the drivers of Optus Wholesale & Satellite to enable business leaders to make decisions and drive performance. This includes developing and assisting in driving the Business Intelligence Strategy, what data is used, which systems data is sourced from and what processes and procedures are used to refresh and develop reporting and analysis.
- Designing, build, standardize, optimize, test, implement and maintain the BI assets and reporting solutions required for reporting and analytics
- Consulting with business users from Commercial/Finance, Sales, Marketing and Operations to develop a strong understanding of the key performance indicators of the business
- Creation of tactical reporting solutions in order to meet urgent business needs but balancing the need to move to strategic, sustainable solutions
- Standardizing data sources and common definitions and metrics to use for reporting and analysis
- Establishing and maintaining processes to check the ongoing integrity and accuracy of data reported
- Continuously looking for opportunities to improve reporting and systems and challenging the status quo by focusing on innovation, automation and process
- Providing technical assistance and coaching support
- Strong business intelligence background coupled with a strong understanding of business/analytical requirements
- Thorough knowledge of major enterprise database systems such as Teradata, Oracle and SQL Server
- Development, operational and implementation experience with BI tools such as Tableau
- Ability to build and maintain complex models, manipulate large quantities of data and data mining skills from either a database or data warehouse environment
- Able to accurately gain an understanding of what data is available to support your employer’s KPIs, the drivers and the business needs and know how to turn the data into meaningful information and analysis
- Demonstrable experience providing continuous improvement around the analysis and reporting provided to the business to understand business performance
- Ability to work within a complex environment with constantly changing priorities and to deliver within tight timeframes
- Ability to communicate at all levels of management
Nice to have:
- Business Intelligence background with direct reporting line into the business (e.g. Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations division)
- IT/Business Academic qualifications
- Prior exposure in leading the direction of capital investment in the architecture of the data warehouses
- Experience with very large and unstructured data sets
- Hadoop & Hive or similar
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and child care services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it's like working with Optus.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!