|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mondo is the commercial energy services arm of AusNet Services, driving sustainable and profitable growth through new and emerging opportunities in energy management software platforms and energy solutions for generation, management, storage and sharing of energy.
We are pioneering community mini-grids and regional energy hubs that empower homes and businesses to generate, manage, store and share energy.As one of Australia’s leading multi-utility metering solutions provider, we offer installation, maintenance, testing and sub-metering for high and low voltage electricity and water requirements.
We help businesses and communities make sense of what’s possible in a secure, sustainable and integrated energy future, then plan and deliver solutions to keep our customers and communities ahead of the rapidly changing landscape.
Because we help make sense of what’s possible, we believe you’ll get excited about the future too.
Mondo. Be Part of a Bright Future
What will you be doing as part of the Mondo Team?
Transformation of the energy sector is well underway in Australia.Some of Australia’s largest energy users and retailers are looking for services that enable them to take control of this shift to renewables by investing in assets and platform solutions that enable them to reduce their energy costs sustainably.
The purpose of this role is to be the primary Mondo representative in advocating Mondo’s position on regulatory and policy changes, consultation processes and determinations. Key focus areas include distributed energy resources, wholesale & distributed energy market frameworks, electricity distribution network regulation, retail frameworks, and post 2025 NEM. This role will develop relationships with Federal, State and local Governments, as well as energy regulators, as a trusted advisor. Key regulatory relationships will include the AER, AEMC, ESB, ESC and AEMO.
This newly created exciting position will see you afforded the opportunity to:
- Prepare proposals and submissions for GM, EGM, ELT and Board in response to industry and Government consultation processes.
- Provide regulatory advice to inform:
- Future regulatory and market models to support DER integration and aggregation
- Proposals for the provision of services for RIT-D’s, Retailers, AEMO or Government.
- With the Customer Engagement team, build relationships with Federal, State and local Governments, as well as energy regulators.
- Work with AusNet Services to develop aligned positions on regulatory and policy issues, and coordinate interactions with key stakeholders
- Build a common understanding of key regulation and policy issues across Mondo
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Degree qualification and/or MBA is preferred
- Strong understanding of electricity market and network regulation frameworks
- Relationship building skills, with an ability to influence peers from across the business and industry
- Ability to bring together divergent views to build alignment and commitment to a common direction
- Ability to relate policy discussions and overall direction to Mondo’s business objectives
- Strategic thinking, deep understanding and commitment to strategic objectives of Mondo
This is not only an exciting time for Mondo but the industry as a whole, as the move towards exciting renewable power generation and DERs continue to gain momentum alongside innovative technology and emerging energy market solutions. If you believe you possess the skills and experience required with an understanding of and passion for the renewable industry to assist our growing business and further enhance our strong brand and reputation, we would love to hear from you.
Working at Mondo:
At Mondo we’re focussed on working together to create innovative solutions for our customers. As part of our team you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, a wide range of benefits and fantastic career opportunities. Come and join our growing business and create your own bright future.
If you can picture yourself in the role, please click Apply.
Be part of the AusNet Services Family.
Mondo is a business within, and a division of AusNet Services.In addition to its Mondo business, AusNet Services owns and operates Victoria’s largest network of electricity and gas infrastructure.AusNet Services moves energy through these networks, from where it’s made, to where it’s used in more than one million homes and businesses.