|Job Type:||Full Time|
Investment Operations Manager
- Flexible work options
- Free on-site gym
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
The Investments Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of the daily operations supporting the Investment Function. The Investment Administration team is a key enabler and includes oversight of cash flow management, rebalancing, custody operations, unit pricing, unit registry, fund administration, reporting and transition/implementation activities.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Overall accountability for monitoring investment administration deliverables and associated controls and reconciliations.
- Lead relationship management with external suppliers (e.g. State Street, Suncorp Investment Operations, NAS etc.), monitor service standard delivery and act as the issues escalation point for the TAL Investments Administration team
- Overseeing the day to day operation and maintenance framework supporting unit pricing calculation including tax provisioning, exercising delegated authority to release unit prices, maintaining compliance with the Unit Pricing policy/guidelines, incident rectification and reporting.
- Review and approve month end investment close and reporting providing certification to support Finance completion processes
- Lead opportunities for process simplification and optimisation; continuously assess opportunities for efficiencies & improvements in the team’s processes and support those activities
- Working closely with the Integration Investment stream to manage the impact of transition of Asteron’s financial operational processes aligned to the Custody and asset transitions.
- Participate in operational due diligence activities on third party service providers such as custodians and investment managers
- Assist in the implementation of new products and investment strategy outcomes
- Identify, monitor, and manage Investments accounting and reporting risks. Lead Line 1 assurance program design and execution
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualification in investment management accounting / commerce (Essential)
- At least 8 years’ experience in Financial Services and 3+ years in investment administration operations (Essential)
- Detailed understanding and experience in Unit Pricing practices and regulatory requirements for AFSL entities
- Proven track record in the ability to manage senior stakeholders and work autonomously (Essential)
- Ability to analyse and communicate financial information in a funds management environment (Essential)
- Experienced in working with Investment management systems and processes (Essential)
- Excellent problem-solving ability, analytical skills and proven ability to deliver (Essential)
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.