|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Open Space Management have an enviable record of delivery to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our teams are professional, and are focused on delivery with the best practice Horticulture services to our clients.
Due to picking up a new contract the Downer team in Hutt City are now looking for an experienced Maintenance Service Person for Structures and Playgrounds to join their close knit team on this new and exciting contract.
What we offer:
- Great team environment, with varied and exciting works, both with projects and ongoing contract work
- Full on ground and Industry training along with ongoing career development & opportunities
About the role:
You will be responsible for undertaking inspections, repairs and maintenance of playgrounds, structures and park furniture. This includes boardwalks, buildings, pathways and signs. This is a role that gets you out and about working in a beautiful environment, providing great parks and reserves for the community to enjoy.
We are seeking applications from candidates with the following:
- Handyman experience with building and structures maintenance or trade related qualification
- RoSPA Playgrounds Level 2 Certificate is desirable however we can help you obtain this
- To have practical experience in the Parks and Reserves maintenance industry preferable
- Class 1 Drivers Licence, Class 2 and WTR an advantage
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Customer Service Skills.
We offer a great remuneration package, all the gear you need and unrivaled training and development schemes which will allow you to reach your full potential and take advantage of promotional opportunities, all in a supportive team environment!
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 567505 to apply.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.