|Job Type:||Full Time|
This isn't your ordinary Senior Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and most challenging technical problems, enjoy working with customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations) and flourish with variety, then this job has what you are looking for. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company and the Support team is expanding to allow it to scale with the business. You will work directly with our customers to help unlock the potential in teams around the globe by solving, debugging and answering questions about our products and delivering the end to end Support Experience.
We're on the lookout for someone to join a team who is serious about pursuing one goal: continually improving the experience of our products! We are looking people who possess technical breadth and depth, so when the team gets stuck resolving a problem, your name comes out as the solution. You build relationships with customers where they ask for you by name? You actively guide the team from within and are the go to person for anyone outside the team. You invest in your learning and consistently attain new skills and knowledge - building up those around you. If you are nodding ‘yes’, then this could be the job for you!
You will be responsible for providing Atlassian's legendary customer service, making the best use of Atlassian products.
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science/Information Technology, or equivalent proven experience.
- Deep understanding of operating systems (e.g: Linux, OSX, Windows).
- Deep understanding of networks and relevant technologies, including proxies, load balancers, LDAP, Active Directory, SSL, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with scripting languages such as Bash/sh and/or others.
- Advanced knowledge and use of REST APIs. Other types of API.
- Advanced knowledge of computer networking (communication and transfer protocols, proxies, firewalls, authentication and authorization protocols).
- Advanced relational database knowledge with most common RDBMS (Postgres, Oracle, mySQL).
- General understanding of software development models (Agile, V-model, Waterfall) and methodologies (DevOps, RAD, Scrum, TDD, FDD).
- Experience with software development practices such as continuous integration and delivery.
- An added positive would be having experience with the Atlassian suite.
- Making the most of your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency.
- Are excellent at explaining complex issues in a simple manner.
- Proven ability to de-escalate challenging scenarios with customers, whilst mentoring your team.
- Are a continuous learner who loves to work with leading edge technologies, welcoming change and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English, possessing the capability to support customers over email, phone, or screen-shares.
- Exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to operate with a wide variety of people and roles. Proven record to guide peers in growing their technical competency.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Be part of the global support team and primary point of contact to provide an outstanding experience to our customers.
- Wow our customers and partners by providing quality, timely and effective support.
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves.
- Insights gained will be called on to build internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and urgency of our customers.
- Evaluate active tickets, balancing workload, strategic projects and monitoring queue health.
- Global escalation management, reducing customer friction.
- Be the role model for the team, removing blockers and mentoring your colleagues.
- Coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers.
- Evaluate the team training needs and lead training sessions.
- Evaluate the team's results and work on action plans, together with your manager.
- Test and evaluate new product versions before release.
- Help improve and streamline internal processes to make our work operationally efficient.
- Responsible for helping define best practices and improving methods to benefit the user experience.
- Work on global continuous improvement projects.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.