|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role is responsible for performing initial and periodic customer due diligence activities for ING. This includes name screening activities, investigating and resolving time and event-driven triggers along with Law Enforcement and Compliance requests. A key focus for the role will be to understand the Know Your Customer (KYC Policy) along with AML/FEC guidelines to ensure we comply with local and head office policies and regulations. The role may also be involved in supporting remediation and improvement initiatives across KYC Australia and within the greater ING group.
This is an ‘AML sensitive’ role and appointment to this role is subject to applicants satisfying the requirements of ING’s AML Policy prior to appointment.
What are you going to do?
- Performing initial and periodic customer due diligence activities relating to customer identification and verification;
- Working across business units for compliance standards to ensure compliance with group and local requirements and deliver exceptional customer experience including AML, FEC, FATCA, CRS and any other issues that arise;
- Performing testing to ensure compliance standards are being met across the Know Your Customer (KYC). Conducting research on new and existing clients to obtain KYC data from public sources;
- Liaising with customers and staff to obtain required KYC documentation;
- Screening required individuals and entity names against sanctions, adverse news and politically exposed persons (PEP) lists;
- Escalating red flags and due diligence findings to MLRO; and
- Maintaining customer data and documents in the customer database.
What are we looking for? Someone who possess…
- 3-4 years’ experience in a KYC customer due diligence role;
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer service role;
- Sound knowledge of the financial services industry;
- Intermediate MS Office knowledge;
- Understanding of risk mitigation;
- Extensive product knowledge; and
- Strong problem identification/solving skills.