|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a diverse range of opportunities for potential employees to work with World Expert Practitioners on small and large scale projects within Australia and New Zealand.
We're looking for experienced, enthusiastic and driven senior structural engineers to join our growing transport team in Victoria. This role provides the opportunity to work on projects including Metro Tunnel, Suburban Rail Loop, Western Rail Plan, Regional Rail Revival, Western Program Alliance (WPA), Inland Rail, North East Link and Suburban Roads Upgrade. With an increasing and diverse portfolio of work, we are looking for leaders who have a proven record in this field to help develop the team.
The role reports to the Technical Director Structures, and sits within the Bridges & Civil Structures team.
As a senior member of the team, you will lead bridges and civil structures designs. You will be working on a range of civil engineering and bridge projects in both the rail and highway disciplines.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Work on city-shaping projects across Victoria, our other offices in Australia and internationally.
* Building and maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders.
* Driving project performance, service delivery, technical and commercial outcomes.
* Providing sound and effective leadership on infrastructure projects by providing direction and technical advice.
* Leading the structural designs, often within multi-disciplinary teams.
* Coordinating delivery of integrated engineering design packages.
* Providing technical reviews across a range of projects.
* Ensuring adequate provision, deployment and management of technical resources.
* Delivery of packages following management of change and engineering change processes.
Requirements for the role:
* Relevant engineering degree with Chartered status or equivalent professional accreditation.
* Excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management experience.
* An ability to build credible, collaborative but influential relationships both internally and externally.
* Previous experience of managing engineering teams on large multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
* 6+ years structural experience with a history on providing solutions to technical challenges.
* Complex computer modelling experience - Midas Civil, SpaceGass, Staad, Strand7, Autodesk Bridge, LUSAS.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-growing business with an organisation that is shaping the communities in which we live, then we would encourage you to apply for the above position and join our world class consultancy.
There's no time like the present to make a change.